Event Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
WORKSHOP: Meaningful Alignment: Mastering Emotionally Intelligent Interactions at Work and in Life
Friday, June 14, 2019, 1:30 PM until 3:30 PM
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Mastering Emotionally Intelligent Interactions at Work and in Life
by Susan Steinbrecher and Robert Schaefer, PhD
Join us following the luncheon program as Susan and Robert delve into the application and practice of mastering emotionally intelligent interactions.
What is worse than having a high-stakes conversation? Avoiding one. By our basic nature, many of us have difficulty handling emotionally charged conversations. Our capacity to manage emotions, handle conflict, and communicate authentically is not innate—it must be learned. Meaningful Alignment will provide you with well-defined, practical, and effective tools to manage your emotions and deftly facilitate the emotions of others during a tough conversation. Diminish stress with the skills outlined in this book and experience more satisfaction from your relationships, at home and at work.
Workshop participants will:
- Be introduced to the MA model and assessment—ICF: Using assessments in coaching
- Discover the six steps and emotional management techniques of Meaningful Alignment—ICF: Helping your clients discover their paths
- Learn which emotional motivators and dialogue styles we tend to use, particularly when the stakes are high
- Explore the benefits of emotional self-regulation and the methods for doing so
- Examine the ways in which we build emotional resiliency
CCEUs for this workshop:
1.0 Core Competency and 1.0 Resource Development Credits