Event Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
WEBINAR: Mini Habits: A Small Tool for Big Success
Thursday, August 12, 2021, 12:00 PM until 1:30 PM
Online - Additional information will be provided after registration.
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Mini Habits: A Small Tool for Big Success
presented byJames Garrett
James Garrett is a brain coach, brainhacker, and founder of Brain by Design. He’s spoken on stages ranging from Harvard to TEDx and his work has been featured by The New York Times, FastCompany, and Harvard Business Review. He spent years doing research with some of the best psychologists in the world at Columbia, Tufts, and Yale. He's a content creator and course builder and his course on the science of coaching has been rated as one of the best courses for coaches and is currently certified by ICF for continuing coach education credits. He's a certified coach through the Whole Fit coaching program. He also built one of the only brain-based positive psychology curricula in the Middle East and trained thousands of Arab youth in partnership with Queen Rania of Jordan. A rare combination of scientist, trainer, and entrepreneur, in 2019 James launched the Deep Change Project, a personal journey to discover what’s possible at the outer edges of neuroplasticity and to overcome fear.
Habits are our brain's go to tool to tackle almost any goal or task, which is why helping your clients get in the driver’s seat of their habit-making machinery can be a game changer.
Participants will walk away with everything you need to help your clients know to start making measurable change. Just like learning how to play the piano, learning how to form positive habits is a skill set. Attendees will learn concrete strategies and habit-building systems that will de-mystify why habit-building and behavior change are so hard, and how you can help your client overcome their internal obstacles. In the presentation, we will:
- Start with conversation around habits—why they matter, why your brain automatically creates them
- Move into the basics of neuroplasticity and how the brain rewires itself
- Introduce challenges the brain has with motivation and willpower
- Have a discussion about the five top reasons why mini-habits are such a powerful tool
- Have participants experience making their own habit-tracking system to use in their own habits that they want to create
- Have participants bring up specific situations where they're trying to coach a client through behavior change and workshop the challenges
- Be able to walk their clients through a habit planning process and be their guide as they flexibly implement the plan
- Receive a deep understanding of the latest science of behavior change, including the neuroscience behind such change as well as how to support their clients through the setbacks and obstacles of the first two months of habit implementation
- Walk away with the ability to help their clients apply concrete tools in their life such as habit tracking, habit stacking, and how implementing new evidence-based tools to break bad habits such as "Adding Friction" and "Habit Substitution" will increase their clients' skills and confidence at effectively changing their own behaviors.
CCEUs for this Webinar:
1.0 Core Competency and 0.5 Resource Development Credits