Don't Miss the 9th Annual World Business and Executive Coach Summit (WBECS)
As ICF coaches, the quality of our coaching is our most valuable asset, which is why this year our chapter is partnering with WBECS—the World Business and Executive Coach Summit.
At WBECS—which is a complimentary, live-online summit featuring over 40 of the most brilliant minds in the coaching profession—they share their best tools and strategies and even do live coaching demonstrations (which we have found to be especially valuable).
By registering through our Chapter, you’ll be able to earn up to 5 CCE Units attending your favorite sessions at no cost. You may be receiving invitations from other professionals you know and trust but if you register through our custom link for ICF North Texas, you are eligible for special benefits that are only available to ICF members including:
- Personalized concierge email service
- Exclusive ICF membership area hosted by the WBECS Team including complimentary access to all 2019 Pre-Summit session recordings, available through the end of June 2019!
WBECS attracts the most amazing presenters covering a wide range of topics, and this year have added in themed learning tracks to make it easy for you to select the sessions that make the most sense for your practice.
Here are just a few examples of the live classes you’ll be able to attend when you join the complimentary Pre-Summit
- Peter Bregman – Emotional Courage and Coaching: The Key to Helping Your Clients Get Massive Traction on Their Most Important Work (and Getting Your Most Stuck Clients Unstuck)
- Tracy Sinclair – The Power of Coaching for Systemic Change and Performance
- David Peterson – The DNA of VUCA: Coaching leaders to deal with chaos, complexity, and exponential change
- Peter Hawkins – Delivering Value Beyond the Individual and Beyond the Team
- Erica Dhawan – Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence
Simon Sinek will also be a featured WBECS Speaker this year!
Reserve your spot for the complimentary WBECS Pre-Summit now. The first week has just ended but there are three weeks to go with many fabulous speakers and topics.
International Coach Week - In Action
You may not know that for the ICF North Texas chapter, International Coaching Week goes on for months. International Coaching Week is a global event celebration that educates the public about the value of working with a professional coach and acknowledges the results and progress made through the coaching process.
To celebrate the benefits of coaching and to give back, ICF North Texas has chosen to partner with the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB). The partnership kicked off with a coaching workshop for 27 members of the NTFBs External Affairs Department. The workshop, held on May 15, was designed to help members of the NTFB employ coaching in their day to day work life. Participants learned the role of a coach and the benefits of fostering a coaching culture. They also had the chance to practice two key coaching competencies—active listening and powerful questioning—and then they learned how to apply a simple coaching model for conducting effective coaching conversations.
This workshop was designed by two of our ICF North Texas members, Sherry Yellin, PhD, ACC, BCC and Susan Daniel, MA, ACC. Drawing on their years of experience in the field of coaching and team development they combined content to create a highly interactive and engaging two-hour workshop. A team of ICF-NT coaches were also onsite with Sherry and Susan to assist. A special thanks to Mike Caracalas, Kathleen Klaviter, Laurie Goetz, Jay Harris and Staci Witten.
Beginning in June, 21 NTFB staff members will be paired with an ICF North Texas coach and truly get to experience coaching through three sessions held throughout the summer. We look forward to continuing to partner with this North Texas organization that brings so much value to our community.
20th Annual Texas Conference for Women
October 24, 2019 at the Austin Convention Center
It’s that time again. The 20th Annual Texas Conference for Women
will be held Thu Oct 24, 2019
As in years past, ICF certified coaches will have the opportunity to engage attendees at this sold out event. ICF North Texas will receive 5 – 7 volunteer slots. Volunteer coaches will be demonstrating and educating the public on the benefits and transformational power of professional coaching.
If you would like to consider committing your time and expertise to make an impact at this event while representing ICF North Texas, you will have the opportunity to enter a drawing over the next three months during our monthly chapter meetings. You are eligible to enter the drawing each time you attend the June, July or August ICF North Texas monthly meetings.
Place: Austin Convention Center
Date: Thu Oct 24, 2019
Time: 7:30 AM –5:00 PM
Volunteers will have a two-hour coaching shift, with 20 –30 minutes per client. Volunteers will receive:
For additional details about this event visit https://www.txconferenceforwomen.org/.
- Free general admission to this sold out event
- Keynote presentations and breakout sessions
Membership Has Its Benefits - Here Are Five
By Laurie Goetz, ACC, Director of Membership
The IRS recognized 63,866 trade and professional associations in FY2016. Of those, you are likely a member of at least one professional association. And, whether you’re a member of ICF North Texas or not, we want you to know the value of membership—especially in a crowded space with so many groups vying for your attention.
Five Benefits of ICF North Texas Membership:
If you’re a current member of ICF North Texas and need help maximizing your benefits, reach out. And, if you’re not a member, what are waiting for? Click Here to join. Or, reach out to Laurie Goetz, Director of Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Meeting and Event Discounts. You can save on our monthly luncheon and workshop events with your membership in ICF North Texas. If you attend three of our monthly events, you’ve likely earned back half of your $60 annual membership fee.
- Free Professional Development Events. For 2019, ICF North Texas is offering free webinars for members. Not only do you get access to some great learning from our esteemed webinar presenters, but you’re also earning free CCEUs. Priceless, right?
- Coach Directory. As a member, you are eligible to enter your information into our Coach Directory. Organizations or individuals who are searching for a coach regularly tap into this resource. But, you’re only able to list yourself if you’re a Full Member of our chapter (not available to Associates). Additionally, certified coaches that are Full Members are also able to use the ICF logo in your emails and on your LinkedIn or personal business website. That’s free marketing that could pay for your membership several times over if you land one new client.
- LINC Groups. Laugh, Interact, Nurture and Contribute. Who wouldn’t want to do that? These special interest groups within ICF North Texas are self-organized and informal, but only offered to members of our chapter. You can also start a LINC about a topic that interests you. Simply raise your hand, suggest a topic and we’ll get the word out to the chapter.
- Mentoring and Networking. With more than 180 members, you can’t help but grow your network. Current coaches, professionals working as internal coaches in organizations, and coaches in training are all a part of our community. There’s undoubtedly someone you’ll meet with whom you’ll establish a connection, a business partnership or a friendship.
Coming Soon - NEW ICF North Texas Website
This summer, the ICF North Texas website will be undergoing some much-needed updates. It will remain of source of information for our members and potential members, but information will be presented in a more reader-friendly manner with the most important things you’re looking for readily available.
Stay tuned...we can’t wait for you to see it!