Texas Conference for Women - Pro Bono Coaching Opportunity
The Texas Conference for Women (TCW) is a full day of incredible opportunities for business networking, professional development, and personal growth. Participants can attend a wide range of sessions, from personal finance to health and wellness to career advancement. Virtual this year, the October 1 conference will include morning and afternoon keynotes, nine breakout sessions, Coaches Corner, coordinated networking, a virtual bookstore, and more. For more detailed conference information visit https://www.txconferenceforwomen.org/.
We are thrilled to offer the chance once again for International Coaching Federation (ICF) certified coaches from ICF-NT to help staff Coaches Corner October 1 – 8, 2020. There will be four shifts per day, giving ample time for attendees to discover the gift of coaching. ICF-NT coaches who volunteer for these shifts will provide 20-25 minute sessions for TCW conference attendees. Volunteers who participate will receive:
- A complimentary ticket to the full-day conference
- Recognition in the conference program and website
If you are an ICF-credentialed coach who is interested in offering a pro bono shift at this conference, you can enter our drawing at the July 10 virtual meeting.
Experience Coaching 2020
Our ICF North Texas tradition to support a nonprofit organization in our community as part of our annual International Coaching Week celebration is well under way! For the second year we are partnering with the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) who are eager to Experience Coaching to help them more effectively manage three times as much workload because of the pandemic.
Experience Coaching has become part of the NTFB’s leadership development strategy to provide professional growth and development opportunities at every level of the organization.
- In May, we launched this year’s effort by recruiting 40 ICF North Texas coaches to provide pro bono coaching, 10 in group coaching and 30 in one-on-one sessions.
- In June, we held our Kickoff Session with 33 NTFB leaders and 12 ICF North Texas coaches. This interactive workshop introduced these leaders to what coaching is and to ensure they understood how they would be experiencing coaching in coming weeks.
- In July and August, we will provide one-on-one coaching to all NTFB leaders!
- In September, we will finish with a Wrap-Up Workshop with all the NTFB leaders and send them off with additional focus and coaching skills they can use with their own teams.
Why ICF North Texas coaches have volunteered to do pro bono coaching:
- Focus Business Coach Brad Sullard says, "Coaching is first and foremost about helping people. By gifting coaching to the non-profit food bank I am not only helping the person I'm coaching but investing in the mission of the organization they serve. Giving and sharing are important for my growth and at the heart of what it means to be in community with others."
- “Pro bono coaching allows me to share what I do best to help others do what they do best to serve our community.” Sumom Geevarughese, Career & Business Coach at Steady Focus Coaching + www.steadycoaching.com
- Teresa Dabney is the owner of Strive 4ward Coaching (www.strive4wardcoaching.com). She moved to Texas from the Washington, D.C. area, where she was part of the ICF chapter, though she was unable to be as active as she wanted. “I just arrived in Texas a year ago this month, and I joined the chapter as soon as I got here…. It’s been such fun, I can’t wait until we can meet again in person…. [Experience Coaching] gives me an opportunity to coach, and that’s exactly where I want to be – coach, coach, coach! I’m excited to be doing this!”
ICF North Texas is proud to be supporting each NTFB leader with nine hours of coaching. Through Experience Coaching, our members are giving back to leaders and an organization that gives so much to our North Texas community. Look for more updates throughout the summer.
Join a LINC Group Now and Add a Whole New Facet to Your Coaching Life!
We just re-launched our ICF North Texas LINC special interest groups! LINC groups, designed to help our members learn, interact and network, are a great way to form small group connections on a specific topic with other coaches. We have added several new groups, many that meet virtually. In addition, we have added tons of enhanced tools to help you join an existing, or start your own new, LINC group!
Find these tools and resources on our Chapter website or view a list of active LINC groups