Our mission is to grow and develop a competent coaching community that drives results for individual coaches and those they serve. We do this by providing strong credentialed coaches, educational programs, and rich resources for internal and external coaches, and organizations and individuals seeking coaches.
February 13, 2015 Monthly Meeting
Moving At Team Speed! How Team Coaching Can Harness the ROP? (Return on People)
Presenter: Beverley Wright
IBM Team Co-Presenters: Sharon Coleman, Connie Armbrust, Ramsey Bradberry
Join us for a unique opportunity to learn from a dynamic team of coaches who pioneered coaching in IBM and examine a successful case study using team coaching.
You will learn how you can add team/group coaching to your own business by using a case study of one IBM team whose results with coaching spurred the expansion of team coaching for an entire sales organization. An interactive Q & A will allow you to gain more clarity on how an internal or external coach can partner with company leadership to build a strong case for team coaching. You will also hear directly from the IBM manager of the case study team to gain the client’s perspective.
Beverley A. Wright, Connie Armbrust and Sharon Coleman collectively have over 35 years of international experience coaching high potential men and women in corporate and non-profit sectors. Their experience spans work with individuals, intact teams and groups. Multiple decades of business expertise, acquired during their careers with IBM, provides each with a solid “general manager” foundation for their executive coaching.
Beverley, Connie and Sharon contributed significantly to the development of coaching within IBM. Their team was recognized with the coveted PRISM Award four times by the Global and North Texas International Coach Federation (ICF) organizations. The PRISM Award acknowledged IBMs dedication to weaving coaching into the culture of the organization.
General Session Learning Outcomes:
IBM Team Coaching Case Study will demonstrate how team coaching can:
- Add tangible value to the business objectives, which enhances the credibility of coaching.
- Learn one approach that was definable and repeatable for creating the business case for coaching across a whole organization.
- Explore how to apply the team coaching process highlighted in the case study to your own coaching business.
CCEUs: 1.0 Core Competency
Click here to register for meeting
Note: There is no workshop this month.
Welcome to January.
As I sit here writing my first President’s letter, I feel very grateful for the opportunity that you have provided me to serve this year. I want to thank Francesca Spinelli for her leadership last year and the 2014 board for always being willing to step up to whatever was necessary. I also want to thank the membership for taking the interest survey in November. It was very helpful in framing our thinking for this year.
The board met in December to begin our initial planning for the year. Our goal was to plan for excellence in 2015. Here’s a sampling of what you can expect.
- Coaching Week is in May. We’ll celebrate the 20th anniversary of the ICF along with the rest of the coaching communities throughout the world.
- The evening networking learning events will move forward. Last year was the first year for these meetings in different corners of the metroplex. Members gathered in North Dallas, Southlake, Frisco, and Fort Worth. Your survey responses told us that this innovation is one you would like to continue. We’ll make these events more noticeable and provide plenty of advance notice for your tight schedules.
- Refresh the website. Our website went through major revisions two years ago. It’s time to look at those changes and take things to the next level.
There’s more, and I’m looking forward to using this space to talk about other innovations coming during the year. Thank you all for a great 2014. ICF North Texas is one of the Founding Chapters of ICF global. We want to continue to lead the way for professional coaches in our area and seek your feedback throughout the coming year as we work to move several initiatives forward.
Best wishes for a happy and successful New Year!
Neil Phillips, PhD, PCC
President, ICF North Texas Coaches